Sumary of Gladys hammered in fiery ‘final’ presser:
- Gladys Berejiklian has been grilled over whether there was a link between her plan to end daily Covid-19 press conferences, and an ongoing ICAC investigation.
- Premier Gladys Berejiklian copped a hammering from journalists in the final moments of what is expected to be her last daily Covid-19 press conference.
- In a fiery few minutes, the Premier was grilled on whether her decision to end her daily appearances had anything to do with an ongoing ICAC investigation into her former boyfriend Daryl Maguire.
- ICAC will continue its examinations this month into Mr Maguire, with hearings set to focus on a $5.5 million funding grant he obtained for his electorate with the assistance of Ms Berejiklian.
- ”Despite repeated questions on the subject, including multiple questions on if she would expect a member of cabinet to resign if they were under investigation by the watchdog, Ms Berejiklian remained tight-lipped on the ICAC probe into Mr Maguire.
- ”Last month, ABC’s 7.30 reported Ms Berejiklian intervened in the assessment of a $5.5 million grant to a shooting association in Mr Maguire’s electorate, months after he wrote to her asking for assistance to fund the project.
- Documents tabled in Parliament earlier this year include a June 2017 email where a top Regional NSW official wrote to a staffer in Ms Berejiklian’s office to update him on the funding for the shooting facility.
- “Just wanted you in the loop given premier’s interest,” the Regional NSW official wrote.