Sumary of Government Nod To Commercial Export Of Covishield, Covaxin In View Of Sufficient Stock:
- Health oi-PTI on November 26, 2021 The Union government has allowed commercial export of Covishield and Covaxin considering the sufficient stock of the COVID-19 vaccines available with states and Union Territories as well as with manufacturers, official sources said on Thursday.
- However, the quantity of Covid vaccines to be exported will be decided by the government every month to ensure there is no dearth of domestic availability.
- India recently resumed Covid vaccine supply to the UN-backed COVAX with the government allowing Serum Institute of India (SII) to export 50 Lakh doses of Covishield to Nepal, Tajikistan, Bangladesh and Mozambique.
- ALSO READ: Two doses of Covaxin 50% effective against Delta strain of COVID-19: Scientists “More than 22.72 crore balance and unutilized COVID-19 vaccine doses are still available with the states and Union Territories.
- The vaccine production is increasing and there will be surplus supplies.
- Prakash Kumar Singh, Director, Government and Regulatory Affairs at SII had recently communicated to the Union Health Ministry that the Pune-based firm has 24,89,15,000 doses of Covishield and the stock is increasing every day.