Sumary of Govt debt servicing slides in Sept:
- Lower amortization expenditures reduced the national government’s debt servicing in September compared to payments made a year earlier, according to figures released by the Bureau of the Treasury (BTr).
- Debt payments reached P54.45 billion in September, declining 26.48 percent from P74.06 billion a year earlier.
- Interest payments climbed 10.35 percent to P47.85 billion year on year, representing for 87.89 percent of total servicing.
- Domestic interest payments increased 12.02 percent to P40.10 billion in September 2020, widening from P35.80 billion the previous year, while external interest payments inched up 2.47 percent to P7.75 billion from P7.56 billion the previous year.
- Debt servicing was $963.86 billion in the first nine months of this year, with interest payments totaling P339.34 billion and amortization amounting P624.51 billion.