Sumary of Guelph reports 194 new COVID-19 cases over Easter weekend:
- Wellington County COVID-19 death toll of 35 remains unchanged, with the last fatal case being reported on March 19..
- COVID-19 vaccines to come to Ontario hot spots for those 50+, provincial portal bookings expanding to 60+ Four COVID-19 outbreaks were also reported over the weekend, including at Wellington Terrace long-term care home in Fergus where five staff members have tested positive for the virus..
- Joseph long-term care home and the Village of Riverside Glen in Guelph have also been infected, while a patient and a staff member at the Homewood Health Centre have also caught COVID-19..
- Public health online portal shows most cases in Guelph involve those in the 20 to 39 age range, while in Wellington County it seniors over the age of 80 connected to an outbreak..
- With students moving to distance learning on Wednesday, the school boards in Guelph are reporting 34 cases in 22 schools..
- The Upper Grand District School Board is reporting 28 cases in 19 schools, while the Wellington Catholic District School Board is reporting six cases in three schools….