Sumary of Hamilton reports 1 death, 30 new COVID-19 cases as city enters Stage 1 of Ontario’s reopening plan:
- The move comes after sharp decreases in cases among public health units across the province and increases in vaccination rates for the general public..
- with the decision to move into Stage 1 of a plan that calls for more retail openings at low capacity, limited patio dining and outdoor gatherings of up to 10 people..
- That move would loosen more restrictions in a number of areas including outdoor settings up to 25 people and a further expansion of retail capacity..
- Ontario reports 574 new COVID-19 cases, administers record of nearly 200K vaccinations in a day “As long as we can balance that with providing normal clinical care to people and that everyone has access to a vaccine, that as good as it gets right now,”.
- Hamilton reports 30 new COVID-19 cases, 396th virus-related death amid pandemic Public health data revealed the deceased was a person in their 50s, the seventh death in the 50-59 age group since the pandemic began..
- 2nd COVID-19 shots prioritized to Ontario hot spots with high Delta variant starting June 14 The city per cent positivity rate remains at 5.3 per cent as of Friday, the province number also holds at 2 per cent..
- Despite having the third highest weekly per cent positivity rate in Ontario, Hamilton was not one of the seven health units deemed to be hot spots in need of accelerated second doses on Monday…