Sumary of Hamilton reports 27 new COVID-19 cases, records 3 more virus-related deaths:
- 1:40 Fully vaccinated Ontario long-term care residents can now go on day or overnight trips Previous Video Next Video Five of the surges are at workplaces tied to 16 cases and two at supportive housing operations connected with 13 cases..
- As of the end of May, Hamilton health unit recorded the third-highest weekly per cent positivity rate behind units in Peel and the Timmins area, according to data from ICES Western..
- specialist says even one dose can prevent severe illness More than 10.4 million total COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the province as of Tuesday..
- That an increase of over 177,000 vaccines since the last update, with about 69,000 getting a first shot and 108,000 a second..
- Medical director of infection prevention and control with Trillium Health Partners Dr. Lorne Small says although the second shots are important and give the full benefit of a “booster effect,”.
- “Even one shot of the vaccine is incredibly effective at preventing people from getting severely ill or ending up in the hospital if they do get infected,”.
- Over 80 per cent of people 70 and up have had a COVID-19 vaccine, while just 35 per cent of youth aged 12 to 17 have had a shot…