Sumary of Has COVID-19 vaccine confidence dropped following the pause of Johnson & Johnson/Janssen?:
- Johnson (J&J)/Janssen coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccine, advised by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), has left doubt about the veracity of vaccine safety claims..
- The severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) – COVID-19 causative pathogen – is rapidly and widely transmissible, triggering repeated global waves of infections..
- A significant minority that catches the virus will develop severe or life-threatening illnesses, with acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), multi-system dysfunction or even death..
- At this point, the fact that 15 women who had received this vaccine later developed thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) was considered important enough to recommend a temporary pause while the evidence for or against its safety and benefits was reviewed again..
- The occurrence of the clots in a rare location (the cerebral venous sinuses), as well as in the large abdominal vessels or the deep veins of the leg, accompanied by low platelet counts, drew attention to them..
- The first cohort read the CDC web page pertaining to the issue, prior to its updated version available on April 20, 2021, which was provided in text form to the second cohort..
- of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) spoken of by the CDC web page was interpreted as meaning 100 or more cases by approximately 70% and 47% in cohort A and B, respectively….