Sumary of Hawaii records 1 new coronavirus-related death, 78 additional infections:
- Hawaii Department of Health officials today reported one new coronavirus-related death and 78 new confirmed and probable infections statewide, bringing the state totals since the start of the pandemic to 506 fatalities and 36,871 cases..
- The state official coronavirus-related death toll includes 392 fatalities on Oahu, 55 on Maui, 54 on Hawaii island, two on Kauai and three Hawaii residents who died outside the state..
- coronavirus-related death toll today is over 599,000 and the nationwide infection tally is more than 33.4 million..
- Today new confirmed and probable infection count by island includes 33 new cases on Oahu, 10 on Maui, 30 on Hawaii island and five Hawaii residents diagnosed outside the state..
- Health officials also said today that, of the state total infection count, 736 cases were considered to be active..
- Officials say they consider infections reported in the past 14 days to be a “proxy number for active cases.”…