Sumary of Hawaii records 1 new coronavirus-related death, 81 additional infections:
- Hawaii Department of Health officials today reported one new coronavirus-related death and 81 new confirmed and probable infections statewide, bringing the state’s totals since the start of the pandemic to 977 fatalities and 85,790 cases.
- No further information was immediately available regarding the latest deaths.
- The state’s official coronavirus-related death toll includes 731 fatalities on Oahu, 126 on Hawaii island, 97 on Maui, 11 on Kauai, one on Molokai and 10 Hawaii residents who died outside the state.
- The U.S. coronavirus-related death toll today is over 763,000 and the nationwide infection tally is more than 47 million.
- RELATED: Hawaii health officials warn public about growing COVID-19 cluster linked to Kauai church Today’s new confirmed and probable infection count by island includes 42 new cases on Oahu, eight on Hawaii island, 16 on Maui, six on Kauai and nine Hawaii residents diagnosed outside the state.
- State health officials have been including probable infections in its total case counts.
- Today’s count are cases tallied by the department on Friday.
- The total number of confirmed and probable coronavirus cases by island since the start of the outbreak are 58,618 on Oahu, 11,381 on Hawaii island, 9,718 on Maui, 2,879 on Kauai, 245 on Molokai and 145 on Lanai.