Sumary of Hawaii records 12 new coronavirus-related deaths, 836 additional infections:
- Hawaii Department of Health officials today reported 12 new coronavirus-related deaths and 836 new confirmed and probable infections statewide, bringing the state’s totals since the start of the pandemic to 653 fatalities and 71,156 cases.
- No further information was immediately available regarding the latest deaths.
- Today’s new confirmed and probable infection count by island includes 606 new cases on Oahu, 80 on Maui, 106 on Hawaii island, 32 on Kauai, two on Molokai, three on Lanai, and seven Hawaii residents diagnosed outside the state.
- State health officials have been including probable infections in its total case counts.
- Probable infections include people who never received a confirmatory test but are believed to have had the virus because of their known exposure and symptoms or because of a positive antigen test.
- The total number of confirmed and probable coronavirus cases by island since the start of the outbreak are 49,778 on Oahu, 8,330 on Maui, 8,788 in Hawaii County, 1,713 on Kauai, 137 on Lanai and 170 on Molokai.