Sumary of Hawaii records 8 new coronavirus-related deaths, 747 additional infections:
- [ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]Hawaii Department of Health officials today reported eight new coronavirus-related deaths and 747 new confirmed and probable infections statewide, bringing the state’s totals since the start of the pandemic to 641 fatalities and 70,320 cases.
- No further information was immediately available regarding the latest deaths.
- The U.S. coronavirus-related death toll today is over 656,000 and the nationwide infection tally is more than 40.7 million.
- Today’s new confirmed and probable infection count by island includes 456 new cases on Oahu, 100 on Maui, 140 on Hawaii island, 43 on Kauai, two on Molokai and six Hawaii residents diagnosed outside the state.
- State health officials have been including probable infections in its total case counts.
- Probable infections include people who never received a confirmatory test but are believed to have had the virus because of their known exposure and symptoms or because of a positive antigen test.