Sumary of Hawaii sees 243 coronavirus infections and 3 new deaths; Lt Gov. Green says 78% cases in July attributed to community spread:
- The number of new daily coronavirus cases shot up to a high of 243 today, according to Lt.
- State health officials previously recorded 322 new cases on Jan.
- 9. The record high during the COVID-19 pandemic was on Aug, 13, 2020, when the Hawaii Department of Health reported a single-day record of 355 new coronavirus cases.
- Hawaii Department of Health officials today reported three new coronavirus-related deaths.
- The state’s totals since the start of the pandemic now sit at 527 fatalities and 39,892 cases.
- No further information was immediately available regarding the latest deaths.
- The state’s official coronavirus-related death toll includes 408 fatalities on Oahu, 58 on Maui, 56 on Hawaii island, two on Kauai and three Hawaii residents who died outside the state.
- The U.S. coronavirus-related death toll today is over 610,000 and the nationwide infection tally is more than 34.2 million.