Sumary of Health Highlights: April 6, 2021:
- The agency asked Walgreens to use the recommended 3-week period between doses, according to CDC spokeswoman Kate Grusich..
- Mass COVID-19 vaccinations may help combat the pandemic by protecting both vaccinated and unvaccinated people, researchers report..
- They analyzed 223 communities in Israel and found that higher vaccination rates among adults reduced rates of infection among children younger than 16, the Washington Post reported..
- The authors of the study — which hasn’t been peer-reviewed — couldn’t say whether the vaccines actually reduced transmission of the coronavirus..
- Israel launched one of the world’s most aggressive vaccination campaigns last December and has immunized more than half of its adult population….