Sumary of Hint more rules to ease before jab target:
- The Health Minister said more incentives could be offered before NSW hits its reopening vaccine target, saying: ‘Give us another week.
- A broad range of restrictions will ease in mid-October, after the state reaches 70 per cent double vaccination.
- But on Saturday, Health Minister Brad Hazzard dropped a hint that other restrictions could ease within the next month, including the return of community sport, and outdoor gatherings increasing to 10 people, if current vaccination rates continue.
- When asked why community sport was not currently part of the restrictions easing come 70 per cent vaccination, Mr Hazzard said he wanted to see sport resume.
- “I think (chief health officer) Dr (Kerry) Chant and the team are aware that trying to get people out to play sport is on the agenda,” he said.
- “Give us another week and I am fairly confident we will be able to move in that area, but we still need to get those vaccination rates up.