Sumary of Home or office? Survey shows opinions about work after COVID-19:
- Two-thirds of people around the world want to work flexibly when the COVID-19 pandemic is over, a new survey shows.
- The survey of workers in 29 nations also shows people have coped better with homeworking than some feared.
- There have been many predictions that the COVID-19 pandemic would permanently change the world of work.
- According to a new global survey, that’s just what has happened, with a majority of people across the world saying they want to keep working flexibly from home.
- A Ipsos survey for the World Economic Forum among 12,500 employed people in 29 countries found that a majority want flexible working to become the norm.
- The survey also challenges a number of dire predictions about the effects of remote working.
- Just over half of those questioned were missing their colleagues, 64% said they were more productive with a flexible work schedule, and only a third complained of burn out.
- Only one in three said they felt disengaged from work when working remotely.