Sumary of How Companies Will Navigate Biden’s COVID Vaccine Mandate biden, biden vaccine mandate, vaccine mandate, us vaccine mandate, vaccine mandate federal employees, what is a vaccine mandate, covid vaccine mandate, covid-19, covid-19 vaccine, covid vaccine, covid vaccine requirements, president biden, can you mandate a vaccine:
- 10, 2021 — Since the Biden administration announced stronger vaccine requirements for federal employees, larger private businesses and health care organizations that receive federal funding, experts are scrambling to figure out the immediate and long-term implications, how the new rules will be enforced, and the legality of the new policies.
- Reactions on social media from businesses, human resource leaders and employment lawyers have been swift, with many conservative businesses tweeting their intention to not comply with the new vaccine mandates.
- More certain comments came from a reporter for The Dispatch, who tweeted a thread, including: Vaccine mandates are both common and constitutional, when implemented by proper authorities.
- Biden’s six-prong plan announced Thursday is seen as a major strengthening of the government’s action on COVID-19, but vaccine mandates have been growing in popularity in the private sector for months, according to a media briefing sponsored by the Infectious Diseases Society of America held hours before Biden unveiled his plan.
- During the briefing, representatives from Delta Air Lines and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) outlined this and other trends regarding the “new normal’” workplace.
- When COVID-19 vaccines first become available, about 2% of employers mandated them across their workforce.
- The article from the National Law Review related to this tweet says, in part: “Many employers have already started to implement mandatory vaccination programs.
- This became more likely when the FDA provided full authorization for the Pfizer vaccine.