Sumary of If I were the next president…:
- There are urgent issues that need to be properly focused at and dealt with right at the outset of my administration..
- As everyone agrees, it is extremely important that the country contains the raging Covid-19 pandemic as quickly as possible to enable the country to start recovering from the economic devastation resulting from the measures applied to control the pandemic..
- The only way to do all these is to try to achieve herd immunity as early as resolute government action can make it happen..
- There are two challenging tasks that need to be effectively dealt with to achieve quick herd immunity – accelerating the rate of vaccination and removing people’s hesitancy to vaccination..
- Currently, based on official pronouncements, the goal is to vaccinate 58 million to 70 million Filipinos to achieve herd immunity..
- Such vaccination level will also approximate the apparent world standard of 70 percent of population for achieving herd immunity..
- The target of vaccinating 70 million Filipinos will need the equivalent of 140 million vaccine doses (ignoring for this purpose the use of single vaccines)..
- Because of the foregoing evaluation, our administration will endeavor to achieve herd immunity by or earlier than June 30, 2023….