Sumary of In China’s new Covid hotspot, police detain those who violate virus prevention measures:
- People receive nucleic acid testing at Liwan District on May 26, 2021 in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province of China..
- GUANGZHOU, China — Police in Guangzhou detained people who have fallen foul of Covid prevention laws, as the southern Chinese city deals with an outbreak of the Delta variant first identified in India..
- Authorities in the city of over 15 million people have moved swiftly to introduce mass testing and lockdown local areas since detecting the first local case of the Delta variant in China on May 21 in Guangzhou..
- Over the past 24 hours, official Guangzhou government channels on popular messaging app WeChat, have been posting articles reminding people of the laws..
- Chen Bin, the deputy director of the Guangzhou Municipal Health Commission, said on Tuesday that if people do not cooperate with the city’s attempts to to stamp out the virus, they could face “legal liability”…