Sumary of India gears up to give all adults vaccine:
- Aniruddha Ghosal and Maria ChengAAP Camera IconThe roll-out of coronavirus vaccines in India has been hit by a shortage of critical supplies..
- AP Share to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the Link India has opened vaccinations to all adults in hopes of taming a monstrous spike in COVID-19 infections..
- The world’s largest maker of vaccines was still short of critical supplies – the result of lagging manufacturing and raw material shortages that delayed the roll-out in several states..
- And even in places where the shots were in stock, the country’s wide economic disparities made access to the vaccine inconsistent..
- Only a fraction of India’s population will be able to afford the prices charged by private hospitals for vaccines, experts said, meaning that states will be saddled with immunising the 600 million Indian adults younger than 45 while the federal government gives shots to 300 million health care and front-line workers and people older than 45….