Sumary of India Reports First Case of Herpes Simplex Virus In COVID-19 Patient: All About Herpes Explained:
- The report adds that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have a weakened immune system or still suffering from the condition are at increased risk of herpes simplex virus..
- Major risk factors for HSV-1 include exposure to infected person’s saliva such as by sharing drinking water, cosmetics or mouth to mouth contact..
- Other risk factors include sharing of razors, nail-biting (especially in children), immunocompromised states (especially for severe or chronic HSV)..
-  Sharing razors, lip balms or dishes Sharing sex toys Having any other genital or oral contact with the infected person..
-  The patient has a medical history of coronary artery disease, type 2 diabetes mellitus, stage III squamous cell lung cancer and peripheral arterial disease..
- Samples from eye secretions showed positive for HSV-1 conjunctivitis (HSV that has spread to the eyes) and negative for COVID-19..
- Minor surgery Emotional stress Any illness that can weaken your immune system High fever Hormonal fluctuations such as menstrual periods Sun exposure Note:.
- Newborns, people with weak immune systems, people with long-term illness or people who have had surgery or organ transplant are more prone to get affected by the virus….