Sumary of India struggles as German, Kenya cases dip:
- EPA Share to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the Link As India registers a new grim global record high number of daily coronavirus cases, a downward trend in infections in Germany is continuing and Kenyan authorities say a lockdown imposed last month will end..
- The total death toll stands at nearly 212,000 with the virus claiming 3523 lives in the past 24 hours, government data showed..
- Private hospital chains in cities like Delhi and Bengaluru who sourced the jabs directly from suppliers said they were carrying out a limited number of vaccinations..
- Meanwhile, Germany recorded 18,935 coronavirus infections in the last 24 hours on Saturday – 4500 fewer cases than on the same day last week, according to the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for disease control..
- The number of people in intensive care wards due to severe cases of COVID-19 remains high, however, at 5009, according to data released on Saturday by the Divi intensive care registry….