Sumary of Infectious disease experts worried about impact of Quebec’s COVID-19 Christmas plan:
- Quebec Premier François Legault wants to grant his province a mini-reprieve from pandemic restrictions for a four-day window over Christmas, leaving some medical experts baffled by his plan — and worried for the repercussions it could have on the rest of Canada..
- However, Quebec public health officials clarified on Friday that the plan could change if the situation in the province worsens..
- Further adding to rule confusion, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau cast doubt on the hope of a “normal Christmas”.
- on Friday, while Dr. Theresa Tam, Canada chief public health officer, said that Legault plan could work, at least in theory..
- Tam said on Friday that Canada could see up to 20,000 new COVID cases per day by late December if the current trajectory holds up….