Sumary of Is it ethical to travel right now? Experts on flying in the age of Delta:
- A new season is here and, with it, seedlings of holiday escape plans to some sun-drenched beach or snowy mountain ski slope.
- [As well as] following whatever public health guidance is in place, I think that people need to think in terms of best avoiding ‘moral injury’, which is what we call the psychological damage that happens when you violate your own moral or ethical beliefs.
- We’re at a stage of the pandemic where the focus is collectively taking the actions that can reduce transmission to ensure that schools, workplaces and public venues can remain open and minimize the risk of infections from the Delta variant.
- Ensure that you’re prepared to continue practicing infection prevention efforts, like wearing a mask and reducing time unmasked indoors.
- What is the current rate of Covid-19 infections where I am going and where I am coming from?
- If I do decide to travel, are there any activities I should avoid once I’ve reached my destination?
- Popescu: I think it’s ideal to avoid crowded indoor settings with inadequate ventilation.