Sumary of ‘It’s too late’: US doctor says dying patients asking for Covid vaccine:
- At least 99% of those in the US who died of coronavirus in the last six months had not been vaccinated, Dr Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has said.
- On Monday, a doctor in a Birmingham, Alabama, hospital, Brytney Cobia, said that all but one of her Covid patients at Grandview medical center didn’t receive the vaccine, with the one who had expected to make a full recovery after receiving oxygen, she told the Birmingham News.
- “I’m admitting young, healthy people to the hospital with very serious Covid infections,” wrote Cobia in a Facebook post Sunday.
- Alabama public health officials recently reported 96% of Alabamians who have died of Covid since April were not fully vaccinated.
- Local pharmaceutical researcher Paula Johnson put off getting the vaccine, and was sent to the hospital in an ambulance with Covid-19.Johnson, who had no comorbidities, told CBS News she was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance with Covid-19 symptoms.
- I just – all of a sudden, my lungs just didn’t work,” she said, describing it as “hitting a wall”.
- Researchers at the Guangdong Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention said the variant grows more rapidly inside people’s respiratory tracts and becomes more infectious sooner.