Sumary of Ivanka Trump Falsely Gives Credit To Government For Pfizer Vaccine Success:
- Topline Ivanka Trump has misleadingly praised Operation Warp Speed—the Trump administration attempt to deliver a vaccine as fast as possible—for its “partnership”.
- in supporting the development and distribution of the company Covid-19 vaccine, despite Pfizer having received no support whatsoever from the government beyond an agreement to buy an initial 100 million doses..
- Getty Images Key Facts After Pfizer and BioNTech announced early data that showed their Covid-19 vaccine to be 90% effective, Ivanka Trump praised the news and tweeted an acknowledgement of Operation Warp Speed and the role it played..
- the Military in July to support distribution + logistics, Pfizer can massively scale production and nationwide delivery of +100 M doses of the vaccine!”.
- While Pfizer does have a deal with Operation Warp Speed — $1.95 billion to secure an initial 100 million doses, enough to vaccinate 50 million people — this was to ensure that there would be a market for the vaccine and to incentivize the company research, while no money is paid out until the vaccine is approved..
- The deal did not, unlike other vaccine manufacturers receiving Warp Speed investment, fund any of the vaccine research and development..
- Dr. Kathrin Jansen, Pfizer head of vaccine research and development, told the New York Times that their team “were never part of the Warp Speed”.
- Key Background Pfizer and BioNTech released early results for their Covid-19 vaccine Monday, showing it to be 90% effective at preventing the disease..
- The figure is high, much higher than the 50% the Food and Drug Administration had said it was willing to accept, and cemented the vaccine frontrunner status in the global race to develop a safe and effective vaccine..
- The company hopes, and is still on track, to file for emergency FDA approval in mid-November, which could make this the first Covid-19 vaccine approved outside of Russia and China…