Sumary of Jab safety reassurance after second death:
- Medical experts have reassured Australians about the safety of coronavirus vaccines after the death of a 52-year-old woman, and are encouraging people to keep coming forward..
- The NSW woman died after developing a blood clots condition likely linked to the AstraZeneca vaccine – the second fatal case out of 3.6 million doses administered..
- Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly said the clotting was extremely rare and doctors had a lot more information on how to diagnose and treat the condition..
- Cabinet minister Peter Dutton said the death was a tragedy but needed to be put in perspective, comparing it to the millions of deaths from coronavirus around the world..
- Further north, country towns are on edge after a coronavirus-positive couple travelled from Victoria to Queensland through regional NSW….