Sumary of Joe Biden heads to UK as Democrats rally in support of voting rights bill – live:
- Basically, instead of it being about the issue of gender pay inequality, it about Democrats going after “extreme, left-wing provisions”.
- pic.twitter.com/xVsgOyNZdg The family of Ashli Babbitt, killed by Capitol police when she stormed the US Capitol in the 6 January attack, is suing to force to hand over records revealing the identity of the officer who shot her, CNBC is reporting..
- The Justice Department announced in April that it would not pursue criminal charges against the officer who shot and killed Babbitt..
- Shortly after that, Babbitt husband Aaron Babbitt filed a request for records from the the Metropolitan Police Department under the Freedom of Information Act..
- In their second successful filibuster in the Biden era, Senate Republicans blocked legislation targeting pay inequality..
- The Paycheck Fairness Act would have built on the Equal Pay Act of 1963 and the Fair Labor Standards Act in requiring employers to demonstrate that any gap in pay between a man and a woman was due to performance rather than gender..
- Every Senate Republican voted to block a debate on Democrats’ Paycheck Fairness legislation aimed at shrinking the gender pay gap….