Sumary of Joe Biden’s coronavirus task force to meet as first public schedule released:
- Biden is due to meet with a 12-member advisory board led by former the Surgeon General Vivek Murthy and former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner David Kessler to examine how best to tame a pandemic that has killed more than 237,000 Americans..
- Biden has spent much of the campaign criticizing Donald Trump handling of the crises and has vowed to listen to scientists to guide his own approach..
- His task force will be responsible for executing the promises he made on the campaign trail for tackling Covid-19, which include doubling the number of drive-through testing sites, establishing a US public health job corps to mobilize 100,000 Americans on contact tracing;.
- Biden team is also expected to move forward with efforts to choose the officials who will serve with him in his administration..
- He has not offered a timeline for cabinet picks, but he and Harris have pledged that his administration leaders will reflect the country, with representation of women and people of color..
- He is also reportedly planning a series of urgent orders that would roll back some of Trump agenda, in some cases fulfilling his campaign promises….