Sumary of Johnson & Johnson vaccine less effective against Delta variant: study:
- A recent study from researchers at New York University found that the Johnson &
- Johnson vaccine may be less effective in battling COVID-19 variants than vaccines made by Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna.
- A registered nurse fills a syringe with the Johnson &
- Johnson COVID-19 vaccine at a pop up vaccination site in the Staten Island borough of New York.
- (AP)According to the study, the mRNA-based vaccines Pfizer and Moderna were 94 to 95% effective in preventing COVID-19 whereas the “adenoviral vector-based” Johnson &
- Johnson cited previous studies which showed that a single-shot of its COVID-19 vaccine was 85% vaccine “at protecting against severe disease and provided complete protection against hospitalization and death.