Sumary of Judge blocks medical worker vaccine mandate in NY state:
- (AP) — A federal judge temporarily blocked the state of New York on Tuesday from forcing medical workers to be vaccinated after a group of health care workers sued, saying their Constitutional rights were violated because the state’s mandate disallowed religious exemptions.
- If the state opposes the plaintiffs’ request for a preliminary court order blocking the vaccine mandate, a Sept.
- “No major religious denomination opposes vaccinations, and the Supreme Court has for over 100 years upheld vaccination requirements as a means to protect the public health.
- ”They cited violations of the U.S. Constitution, along with the New York State Human Rights Law and New York City Human Rights Law, because the state Department of Health regulation requiring workers to get the vaccine provided no exemption for “sincere religious beliefs that compel the refusal of such vaccination.
- ”The court papers said all of the available vaccines employ aborted fetus cell lines in their testing, development or production.
- But religious leaders have disagreed over the issue and the Vatican issued a statement last year saying the vaccines were “morally acceptable.