Sumary of Kenya eases restrictions as COVID-19 numbers fall:
- Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta lifted and scaled back some anti-COVID-19 measures on Saturday, including reopening schools and freeing travel in and out of Nairobi..
- In a May Day speech Kenyatta cited a 74 percent drop in infections in the capital from March to April and a drop of 89 percent in the country second largest city of Mombasa..
- Bars across the country may now operate on restricted hours, restaurants are allowed to open, and sporting events and religious services authorized with caps on attendance..
- Nearly 570 of virus-related deaths were registered during the month of April alone, making it the deadliest month for Kenya since the start of the pandemic..
- Like several of its east African neighbors, Kenya put strict measures in place to stop the spread of the virus between March and July 2020…