Sumary of ‘Kiko’ intensifies, nears super typhoon category:
- THE northeastern portion of Babuyan Islands was placed under Signal No. 4 as typhoon ‘Kiko’ further intensifies as it endangers extreme Northern Luzon, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said on Friday.
- Signal No. 3 was declared in the extreme northeastern portion of Cagayan (Santa Ana and Gonzaga), the rest of Babuyan Islands and Batanes, Pagasa said on its 5 p.
- The typhoon will bring heavy to intense rains over the northeastern portion of Cagayan including Babuyan Islands and Batanes while heavy to intense rains may prevail over northern Isabela and the rest of Cagayan, Pagasa said.
- Meanwhile, moderate to heavy with at times intense rains will be experienced over Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region, northern and central Aurora and the rest of Cagayan Valley.
- The state-run weather agency said the typhoon will continue to enhance the habagat (southwest monsoon), bringing rains over the western section of Southern Luzon and Western Visayas for the next 24 hours.