Sumary of KP CM asks lawmakers to strictly observe Covid SOPs on Eid:
- PESHAWAR: Chief Minister Mahmood Khan directed the cabinet members, parliamentary secretaries and members of the provincial assembly to celebrate Eidul Azha in a simple manner and adhere to Covid-19 precautions as six more died of the virus in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on Tuesday.
- According to a notification issued from Chief Minister Secretariat, all the ministers, advisers, parliamentary secretaries and members of the provincial assembly were instructed to take care of the situation with regard to the advent of the fourth wave of coronavirus and celebrate Eidul Azha in a simple way.
- The chief minister said that he had himself decided not to meet people due to coronavirus on Eid because it was of paramount importance to comply with the Covid-19 standard operating procedures (SOPs) in the strictest way.
- Fears further spread of the virus on the festive occasion The chief minister said that strict implementation of SOPs and precautionary measures should be ensured to prevent further spread of the epidemic.
- I hope that people would observe the Covid-19 precautions,” he said.
- The chief minister urged people to maintain cleanliness during Eid and avoid going to crowded places as the province had already reported Indian and UK variants of Covid-19. The only way to prevent the pandemic was adherence to social distancing, hand hygiene and avoidance meeting people on Eid, he added.
- A report regarding Covid-19 compiled by health department said that of the infected patients, 134,433 (95per cent) including 148 recorded during the last 24 hours had already recovered from the infectious ailment.