Sumary of Leni admits: No means to mount campaign:
- Vice President Maria Leonor “Leni” Robredo on Tuesday admitted that she has no resources to launch a “decent” presidential campaign.
- Robredo, who has yet to announce whether or not she will run for president in the 2022 elections, told ANC’s “After the Fact” that the current situation “is so different” from that in 2016.”I was relatively unknown.
- And because I was not running for president, parang hindi ko prinoblema iyong resources because the party was there.
- And you know the state of our party now, wala naman akong resources to launch a decent presidential campaign.
- My numbers are low, so tinitingnan natin iyong maraming bagay (we are looking at many variables).
- “A Pulse Asia survey conducted from June 7 to 16, 2021 showed that 6 percent would have voted for Robredo if the presidential election were held during the survey period.
- This survey also showed, among others, that 28 percent would have voted for Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio if the presidential election were held during the survey period.
- Earlier this month Duterte-Carpio said that she was open to running for president in 2022. “Tinitingnan ko din iyong mga nangyayari, tinitingnan ko iyong surveys, tinitingnan ko iyong galaw (I am looking at what’s happening, at surveys and movements), and it’s not just me.