Sumary of Letters: Focus on clusters, not returning to Tier 2; Business, labor should support wage increase; Traffic congestion gets worse in Kaneohe:
- Josh Green said he was not so concerned of a higher infection rate because the hospitals do not have too many COVID-19 patients..
- Many of my friends over 60 years old have not gotten their vaccines, a reality check indicating hospitals soon will see more infected people..
- Officials should be looking at the percentage of hospital admissions/ICU bed occupancy due to the virus to determine returning to Tier 2 (or even 1)..
- Repeatedly the feds have to come in and clean up our mess (“Federal charges detail Oahu building permit corruption,”.
- First the Honolulu Police Department scandal, then the Prosecutor Office, and now the city Department of Planning and Permitting, whose dysfunction and questionable permitting I wrote about five years ago in these very pages..
- Yet, research demonstrates that increases in minimum wage, not unlike union-negotiated pay increases, will be absorbed rather smoothly..
- Columnist Cal Thomas gave a history of black face, then blamed Democrats for the voter suppression and violence prevalent in the old South (“Georgia election law aims to make voting accurate, fair,”…