Sumary of Letters: Negative views of tourism go back years; Will unvaccinated continue to wear masks?; Interisland travel rules difficult for visitors:
- (Our View, June 6), might benefit from knowing that Hawaii residents’ sentiment about tourism has moved from positive to increasingly negative starting in 2005, when 55% of residents surveyed by the Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA) said “yes”.
- Other HTA survey questions show a similar pattern, going from positive responses to negative, starting about the same time..
- We should provide vaccination clinics here to pre-travel tested Asian visitors, reviving our hospitality industry with a kind of medical tourism..
- There may be official restrictions on foreign visitors receiving vaccines, but at least 16 states, including Texas, Florida, Indiana and Iowa, currently allow it..
- Travel by Hawaii residents to Japan and Korea will unfortunately be limited until those countries feel more comfortable with their own vaccination progress..
- I am a fully vaccinated Maryland resident who recently returned from an extremely frustrating trip to three islands:…