Sumary of Light at the end of the tunnel for tourism:
- Tiffanie TurnbullAAPCamera IconThe Tourism and Transport Forum’s Margy Osmond welcomes the planned return of intrastrate travel.
- Credit: AAPShare to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the LinkChristmas has come earlier for tourism operators in NSW with intrastate travel for the fully vaccinated to be allowed from mid-October.
- Tourism and Transport Forum chief executive Margy Osmond says the reaction from struggling tourism and entertainment businesses across the state is huge relief.
- “The four school holidays that had been lost already nationally have cost nearly $22 billion,” Ms Osmond said.
- “Tourism Accommodation Australia chief executive Michael Johnson shares Ms Osmond’s excitement.
- “NSW Tourism Industry Council executive manager Greg Binskin urged businesses to make sure they’re ready for the demand.
- Discussions on the vaccination of staff, how jab certificates will work, and whether some areas with low cases will be able to trial the systems in advance are ongoing, Ms Osmond said.
- “There’s still quite a bit of work on the details to be done so people know exactly what’s going to happen on the ground and so do businesses, but this is terrific news.