Sumary of Louisiana man says he would rather be hospitalized again than get vaccinated against COVID-19 :
- Scott Roe, a small business owner, contracting pneumonia due to COVID-19 and his health rapidly deteriorated, resulting in hospitalization.
- Louisiana is among the states with the worst vaccination rate, having only 40 percent of residents at least partially vaccinated The report comes as the U.S. sits on a stockpile of vaccines with little demand for them among the unvaccinated, with the Indian ‘Delta’ variant also sweeping through the nation.
- Scott Roe, a small business owner from Louisiana, was recently hospitalized due to COVID-19. He told CBS that his experience has not changed his stance against the vaccines ‘Here I am recovering, getting out of here finally tomorrow.
- Those choosing not to get vaccinated are more likely to be conservative, with their being a clear correlation between support for former President Donald Trump in the 2020 Presidential Election and a lower vaccination rate.
- Many Republican political leaders are urging for their constituents to get vaccinated, though.
- Rep Steve Scalise, a prominent Republican congressman who represents Louisiana, encouraged his constituents to get vaccinated earlier this weekRep Steve Scalise, one of the most prominent Republicans in Congress who represents Louisiana’s 1st district, received the first shot of his COVID-19 vaccine earlier this week.