Sumary of Manitoba reports 4 more deaths, 399 new cases of COVID-19 over the weekend:
- Health officials in Manitoba say another four people COVID-19 have died and 399 new infections have been found across the province over the weekend.
- The latest cases reported on the province’s online COVID-19 dashboard Monday bring the number of active infections in Manitoba to 1,499 and the province’s five-day test positivity rate to 5.9 per cent.
- 3:33 Epidemiologist on new public health orders Epidemiologist on new public health orders The site shows Manitoba’s COVID-19 death toll up four from Friday to 1,273. Details on the latest deaths will come in the province’s next COVID-19 press release, expected Wednesday.
- Manitoba has now reported 65,763 COVID-19 cases since March 2020. Manitoba reports 73 new COVID-19 cases, 5-day test positivity rates passes 4 per cent According to data on the site, 81 of Manitoba’s latest infections are among people who were not fully vaccinated.
- There were 146 hospitalizations due to COVID-19 reported as of Monday morning and 31 patients in intensive care units.
- Outbreaks have also been declared at Portage District General Hospital Dialysis Unit and at Westdale School from Grades 1-6.“The classes have been moved to remote learning and the schools moved to the Restricted (Orange) level on the Pandemic Response System,” said the province.
- COVID-19 — Manitobans can now sign for federal Pan-Canadian proof of vaccination Story continues below “The outbreak at River Heights School, kindergarten cohort, in Brandon has been declared over.
- ”Meanwhile, a provincial site tracking variants shows Manitoba currently has 533 active variant cases.