Sumary of Maxime Bernier arrested in Manitoba for violating public health orders:
- People Party of Canada Leader Maxime Bernier, who is currently on what he has dubbed the “Mad Max Manitoba Tour,”.
- was holding rallies in several rural Manitoba towns starting Friday and was planning to move onto Winnipeg Saturday..
- The continuation of the offence of violating the current public health orders in Manitoba has resulted in his arrest,”.
- “He is charged under the Public Health Act with Contravening a Provision of the Act for assembling in a gathering at an outdoor public place and for failing to self-isolate in accordance with the Order upon arrival in Manitoba..
- Just got another ticket for my presence at the Niverville event, and the officer warned me that I could be arrested if I go to other rallies..
- A video later posted to Bernier Twitter account showed an RCMP officer handcuffing Bernier and asking if he had any weapons..
- I received a letter from Mike Leblanc, manager of the Health Protection Unit with the Manitoba Department of Health..
- Manitoba Premier Brian Pallister was asked about Bernier planned tour at an unrelated press conference in Winnipeg Thursday….