Sumary of Mayor of COVID-19 hotspot Banff says she’s disappointed over J&J vaccine delays:
- Johnson vaccines earmarked for her community are delayed, but values the work Health Canada is doing to ensure every dose is safe..
- Residents of Banff were among several priority groups across Canada looking forward to the promise of J&J shipments next week..
- 23:03 Vaccination Acceleration Vaccination Acceleration Plans to distribute the first 300,000 doses are on hold after Health Canada learned part of the vaccines were manufactured at a Maryland facility that messed up the ingredients in 15 million doses bound for the U.S..
- Johnson pharmaceutical arm, Janssen, to determine if the doses shipped to Canada meet required safety standards..
- Food and Drug Administration for violations including cleaning and sterilization failures, the potential for cross-contamination and failure to follow required protocols..
- Health Canada had already cleared 1.5 million doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine made at the facility, but did not think the Canadian Johnson &…