Sumary of Maze of Investing:
- This quest had led to many cases of scams, including investment.
- The SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) released an Investment Scam Checklist to warn people and promote due diligence.
- ” In the Philippines, the typical way to invest is through stocks, bonds, mutual funds (MF), unit investment trust fund (UITF), Variable universal life (VUL), and time deposits.
- The MF, UITF, and VUL manage pooled funds invested in securities such as stocks, bonds, and money market instruments.
- MF itself is a company managed by the fund manager who decides what and when to buy particular securities and subsequently sell them to lock in profit.
- Big banks offer these through their Trust Companies, regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP).
- The earning potential is through prices appreciation of NAVPU. The VUL is a unique type of investment;
- The insurance integrated it with investment (living benefit).