Sumary of McConnell says ‘era of bipartisanship is over’ as talks in Congress grind to a halt – live:
- Republicans threaten to sink Biden G7-backed plan to fix global tax system This death knell for bipartisanship comes as progressive Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders warned about what to expect from Republicans..
- Sanders talked about his unlikely partnership with the moderate Joe Biden – and how Biden reached out to meet with him during the 2016 presidential election against Hillary Clinton, a courtesy Sanders said he’d never forget..
- With Joe Biden somewhere over the Atlantic, on his way to the United Kingdom, it appears Democrats and Republicans are at an impasse on multiple fronts in Washington..
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell made the declaration yesterday that “the era of bipartisanship is over”.
- Though Democratic senators like Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema, may be against abolishing the filibuster, other Democratic senators have been clear about the need to do, especially when it comes to the issue of voting rights..
- Senate majority leader Chuck Schumer said Democrats are now also working to pass an infrastructure measure that would circumvent the need for bipartisan agreement..
- With Senate Republicans coming off their second successful filibuster in the Biden era, it appears Democratic Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer is now looking to up the pressure on his party on ending the filibuster once and for all..
- If you’d all be so kind as to jog your memories with me for a moment, you’ll recall that a lot of people in the party are mad at Democratic West Virgina Senator Joe Manchin this week….