Sumary of Murder-accused cop’s trial postponed:
- A heavy police presence was rolled out around the Supreme Court during the pre-trial hearing.
- “The heightened presence is related to the trial but operational details will not be shared,” NT Police Force commander Matthew Hollamby said in a statement.
- “We acknowledge that this will be a difficult time for some members of the community and police will maintain a focus on community safety.
- Rolfe’s defence lawyer, David Edwardson QC, accused NT Police Force Commissioner Jamie Chalker and Assistant Commissioner Nick Anticich of “burying” reports about the constable because they were allegedly inconsistent with the case police wanted to present against him.
- His attempts to gain access were initially rebuffed with Mr Chalker allegedly resisting requests to hand them over on the basis the defence could not demonstrate legitimate forensic purpose.