Sumary of ‘My children were priceless jewels’: three families reflect on the health workers they lost:
- Dr Reza Chowdhury was a beloved internist with a private practice in the Bronx and a trusted voice in New York Bengali community..
- His daughter, Nikita Rahman, said despite underlying health issues that put him at higher risk of developing Covid complications, he saw patients through mid-March when he developed symptoms..
- He was into growing nice grass, so whenever [my mother, brother and I] go, we bring nice grass to make sure his plot is nicely manicured..
- Nueva Parazo was a nurse practitioner in southern California and one of scores of healthcare workers from the Philippines who died from Covid-19..
- Her youngest son brought her to the hospital on 3 August because she was complaining about difficulty breathing….