Sumary of N.Y.C. Encourages All Adults to Seek Boosters:
- Chokshi, New York City’s health commissioner, encouraged those 18 years or older who want to receive a Covid-19 booster to seek out the shot if they meet timing rules, and asked health care providers not to turn them away.
- Today, I’m issuing a commissioner’s advisory to all health care providers, emphasizing our guidance and ensuring that there are no access barriers.
- In practice, this means that providers should not turn a patient away if they request a booster, so long as they are 18 and older and it has been at least six months since the Moderna or Pfizer dose, or at least two months since a Johnson &
- Second, I’m advising that health care providers proactively reach out to their eligible patients, particularly those 65 and older, those with medical conditions and those who received a Johnson &
- gov/covidvaccine for more information or call 212-Covid19 to speak with a health care professional.