Sumary of N95, KN95 or KF94? How to Find the Right Covid Mask:
- The fast-spread of the infectious Omicron variant has prompted many people to try to upgrade to a higher-quality medical mask.
- “No one has made this easy, that’s for sure,” said Bill Taubner, president of Bona Fide Masks, the exclusive distributor in the United States for both Powecom and Harley KN95 masks, which are from China.
- ” Unlike cloth masks, high-quality medical masks — called N95s, KN95s and KF94s — are made with layers of high-tech filtering material that trap at least 94 to 95 percent of the most risky particles.
- Under a microscope, the filters look like dense forests of tangled fibers that capture even the hardest-to-trap particles that can bounce around and escape the fibers of cloth masks.
- High-grade medical masks also have an electrostatically charged filter that helps attract and trap particles.