Sumary of Naked Wines benefits from Covid online boom as sales soar:
- Naked Wines has reported a 68% surge in sales over the past year as customers flocked to buy wine online during the coronavirus crisis..
- The online wine retailer, whose website crashed at Christmas because of customer demand, also reported a 53% increase in regular customers, with the pandemic accelerating the trend of buying wine online..
- The company total sales increased by 68% to £340m in the year to 29 March, driven by the US, where there was 78% revenue growth..
- The retailer, which operates in the UK, US and Australia, increased its all-important base of repeat customers, which it calls angels, by 53%, to 886,000..
- Naked Wines said that sales in the first two months of its new financial year, April and May, were up 96%, prompting it to forecast sales of between £355m and £375m this year…