Sumary of NCR Plus may deescalate to ‘ordinary’ GCQ — Palace:
- General community quarantine by next week, as the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) situation in these areas improves, Malacañang said on Thursday..
- The NCR Plus, which also includes the provinces of Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal, is under general community quarantine (GCQ) “with restrictions”.
- It might not be to MGCQ [modified GCQ] but it could be ordinary GCQ because ang GCQ natin ngayon ay meron pang mga restrictions (our GCQ right now has restrictions),”.
- However, even with that decrease, the country’s new infections remained between the 6,000 and 7,000 mark, with Health Secretary Francisco Duque 3rd attributing the spike to the higher cases recorded in the Visayas and Mindanao..
- The country’s cases of Covid-19 jumped to 1,276,004 on Monday, after the Health department reported 6,539 new cases..
- Meanwhile, Roque said that the government was monitoring thirteen areas, including President Rodrigo Duterte’s hometown Davao City, that were placed under the MECQ..
- “Other areas po na nasa MECQ ay binabantayan po talaga natin ‘yan, and we are always data driven po (We are monitoring MECQ areas and we are always data driven),”…