Sumary of Negros gov ‘backing’ NPC in 2022:
- Eugenio Jose Lacson has disclosed that he will “most likely” support the presidential and vice-presidential candidates of the Nationalist People’s Coalition (NPC) in the May 2022 elections.
- Lacson’s statement came despite having “no advice yet for NPC members in Negros Occidental as to whom they will support in the presidential and vice-presidential race.
- Panfilo Lacson and Senate President Vicente Sotto 3rd, a member of the NPC, officially launched their respective bids for president and vice president in next year’s polls.
- } In the 1992 elections, business tycoon Eduardo Cojuangco was defeated by then-Defense Secretary Fidel Ramos in the race to Malacañang.
- Governor Lacson said the NPC will be put to the test if it fields official candidates for president and vice president.
- Christopher Lawrence ” Bong” Go and President Rodrigo Duterte for the positions of president and vice president, respectively, in 2022.The governor said he did not sign the document because being a member of NPC, “We have not decided what we will do for 2022.””It is also my wish that in Negros Occidental, we have only one candidate.